Read moreBooks, articles, blog, and...
NLP and Leadership
An A4 manual for trainers, managers and coaches
This manual takes the mystique out of leadership (and NLP) with over 50 recommended activities and shows how they can be incorporated into workshops or used as stand-alone exercises. A leadership questionnaire helps you decide which exercises are relevant to your needs.
This manual is the product of Sue’s extensive research into leadership qualities. Using her characteristically clear and easy-to-read style she converts this research into practical exercises, which will help anyone develop their leadership skills. It contains 50 activities for use on a pick and mix basis, a questionnaire to pinpoint activities that will best meet your needs, warm up exercises and three one-day programmes, with notes on how to run the programmes successfully.
What are the Benefits?
- It presents NLP in easy-to-understand language
- It provides a wealth of simple activities to help people use NLP to develop their leadership skills
- It provides trainer support in the form of warm up exercises, sample programmes and a questionnaire to help you home in on the most relevant of the 50 exercises for your needs.
What is the purpose of this manual?
To show people how to develop their leadership skills using well established methods drawn from Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP). The manual is based on the assumption that everyone needs to be a leader and that we all have within us the resources we need – even though we do not know how to tap into all of them. The exercises in the manual point the way.
Is it for me? What is the target population for this manual?
It is for everyone – managers, professionals and trainers whether or not they are already familiar with NLP practices. The whole premise of the manual is that ‘Every man must be his own leader’ (Laurens Van Der Post). However, there is a special section for trainers and facilitators showing how to build the materials into three different one-day programmes.
What difference will it make?
The manual contains 50 practical exercises that will help people to:
- Take stock of their leadership skills (there is a Leadership Questionnaire)
- Become more action-oriented
- Acquire the attitudes and beliefs that underpin confident leadership
- Manage emotions
- Influence the working environment so that it helps people to be constructive and productive
- Give feedback openly and in ways that lead to learning
- Set compelling goals
- Be independent minded
- Present using clear powerful language
- Listen deeply
- Model the successful behaviours of others
- Spot and develop talent
- Establish rapport
- Deal with ‘difficult’ people
- Be self-aware
- Think systemically
In how many ways could I use the manual?
- Run the three one-day workshops following the timetables devised by Sue Knight
- Select the exercises (50 to choose from) you want to use on your training programmes, photocopy the relevant pages and use them as handouts
- Use the exercises of your choice as the basis for one-to-one coaching sessions
- Use the Leadership Questionnaire as a diagnostic tool to identify ‘gaps’ in the leadership skills of your people
- Give people photocopies of the exercises for people to work through on their own, or with a colleague
So, why should I buy it?
Because, using sound NLP principles that work, it will help to enhance the leadership skills of your people.
You can obtain NLP and Leadership from Amazon.